In this class, you will learn:
- Weaving terminology;
- How to determine your warp and weft needs based on your project objectives;
- How to dress your loom;
- The mechanics of weaving;
- The differences between weaving with cotton and wool;
- Two shuttle weaving;
- Combing different fibers of different weights;
- The impact of color choice on weaving.
- How to keep your warps from becoming an unruly tangle;
- How to properly finish your woven cloth;
- Lots of tips and tricks based on the instructor’s 30+ years of weaving experience;
- And more!
This class consists of more than 24 instruction hours in a mix of hands-on, video, and live Zoom interaction. Additionally, throughout the course, you will be provided with printed documentation to support your learning. At the conclusion of the class, you will have gained the confidence to weave on your own and have the resources to plan and execute your own weaving projects.